Who is Access Ortho Our Mission is to make the process of accessing expert orthopaedic care at the time of injury convenient and rapid. Patient care is our priority.
Access Ortho is established after a group of orthopaedic surgeons saw the need to offer a service to treat urgent orthopaedic injuries that was easily accessible and is outside of emergency departments and public fracture clinics.
In their private practices they were seeing a number of patients who all had a similar story about how it was difficult to know where to go for treatment after an acute injury and that frequently they were sent to multiple health practitioners before getting specialist care.
This is time consuming, confusing and expensive. In addition, GP’s are often spending time ringing multiple surgeons trying to get an appointment for their patients.
Access Ortho provides a solution to all these problems.
Access Ortho offers an alternative We are open 5 days a week.
Urgent appointments are available every day, ensuring injuries can be treated the day they occur or as soon as convenient.
Our clinic acts as a single port of call for urgent orthopaedic limb injuries. From the first point of contact to full recovery, our patients receive expert treatment and advice with minimal wait times and low costs.
Patient care is our number one goal.
Please note: You do not need a referral to visit our clinic.
Our Services Your injury and recovery is important to us.
Injuries seen at Access Orthopaedics:
- Fractures (broken bones) or suspected fractures: of fingers, hand, arm, scapular, clavicle, hip, leg, knee, ankle, foot and toes
- Acute knee injuries
- Ankle sprains
- Muscle and tendon sprains and strains of all limb joints
- Finger dislocations
Orthopaedic injuries can be painful and sometimes scary.
ACCESS ORTHO aims to minimise this stress.
Injuries we don't cover Please note that Access Ortho is NOT able to provide services for:
- Any patient where there is a concern of head, spinal or abdominal injury
- Any patient who is having breathing difficulties or chest pain
- Any patient with active bleeding other than grazes or small puncture wounds
- Nose Fractures
Our Services We are specialists in Urgent Orthopaedic Care.
- Full assessment of injury
- Radiology referrals
- Comprehensive treatment plan made in consultation with orthopaedic surgeon
- Direct access to consultant orthopaedic surgeons
- Pain relief management
- Plaster application and removal
- Custom splinting, braces, slings, crutches, moonboots
- EXOS splints – adjustable, lightweight, waterproof, reformable splints
- Follow-up fracture management until no further concerns
- Second opinions for fractures and sprains
- Expedite referral and appointment to private specialist of choice or to the public hospital for any patient requiring surgery
- Orthopaedic specialist clinics
- Alternative to follow up care in public fracture clinic’s